Air Traffic Control Operational Services Division (FSBD)
The specialist division Air Traffic Control Operational Services continues the technical work of the VDF. This is where you will find qualified contact persons for technical, professional and operational questions.
Our key areas of focus will be:
- European development /Single European Sky (SES)
- The professional input of the Air Traffic Control Operational Services with the DFS at the national working level
- The professional input of the Air Traffic Control Operational Services at the European level via IFATCA (International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers’ Associations)
Air Traffic Control Operational Services must ensure that safety levels and quality standards are maintained.
The spinning-off or out-flagging of areas concerning safety must be prevented.
Air traffic control suppliers in competition with each other must not neglect safety for commercial interests. Participation in future business concepts.
All of the above must be carried out in accordance with the basic principles of the Air Traffic Control Operational Services
- The maintenance of air traffic safety in air space
- The development of suitable means and procedures necessary for the efficient and smooth management of air traffic
|Divisional Head||Thorsten Raue|
|Board Member for technical matters||Frank Sasse|
|Board Member for Tower matters||Miriam Kelm|
|Board Member for Center matters||Patrick Thormann|
|Board Member for professional and social matters||Mathias Wiegand|
|Board Member for ATS Operations Specialists||Lars Ilchmann|
|Board Member for international matters||Sebastian Sachs|